View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 06:34 PM   #61
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I saw them in the early 90s and they were fucking awful.
That was honestly one of the worst shows I saw in that whole time period, and Lou gave off a vibe of contempt for his own audience that I have seldom seen. When you combine that with the fact that about 5% of that music is even remotely listenable 10 years down the line (this stuff has aged TERRIBLY), I have to say that I also find the fact that people carry a torch for this band very odd.

"Incredible band in the early 90s?" I say no.

Well, apparently their music from the early 90s has been a commodity enough for a "reissue".

I will agree that live, Sebadoh is sometimes hit and miss.

Everyone has their opinions and I respect yours. I just don't agree with it.

Maybe you probably had heard the "overhype" and may have had too high expectations of what Sebadoh were going to be. That happens sometimes, when you hear the hype of a band and you've never heard them, sometimes feeling left out of the loop and then you're like, "well, they must be 'the shit' then" and when you hear/watch it, you tend to be overly critical.

Happens to movies all the time. I'll hear about how great NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE is and would say to myself, "well, this movie better knock my socks off". And I hated it, didn't find one thing remotely genuine about it.

It's as if we all have this, "fuck you, impress me or get out of my face" attitude. We all have gone through this. If you say you haven't, you're a liar. I'm sure someone's going to "defy" and disagree for the sake of "disagreeing with khchris because he was generalizing all of us".
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|