View Single Post
Old 10.15.2016, 01:26 PM   #19825
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i watched i think 10 or 20 minutes of TCM and it was too disturbing

but now im vaccinated though. i just might...

btw just started TRUE DETECTIVE season 2

it's very... it has a touch of david lynch on it. the music, the light, some characters (e.g. lolita davidovich or the bar singer). there's a definite influence on the general mood of the thing--can't be a coincidence either that a street sign for mulholland drive appears when the vehicle that carries a certain guy drives by.

also the colin farrell character is definitely a bad lieutenant ha ha ha. not just his rank but that shot of him in the car with the kid outside of school and him doing drugs after he drops him. he's a bad lieutenant ha ha ha.

everything is intertext these days.

I'll be interested in what you think of the rest of the season.

I definitely feel you on the Lynch thing. At the very least, there's a bit of Mullholand Drive sheen to it. (I'm not sure it's all that similar to anything else in the Lynch canon). But I remember thinking the same thing. There's also I suppose a bit of Lost Highway in some of the season 2 imagery.

Colin Farrel is a good actor. Occasionally great. In Bruge is so so so fucking good. I think he's really the best part of TD 2, though Vince Vaughn ends up delivering quite a memorably performance too.

It's a sad season. Not rooted in horror and lore like the first. Totally different kind of "detective" story (though correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a single actual detective in the show, which doesn't matter, but is kind of funny)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|