View Single Post
Old 01.02.2017, 08:22 PM   #48400
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Stereo had its moments too. I bought them together.

Yah well how could you not? There was a limited advance release of Mono on its own but as far as I know there's no version of Stereo alone. It was kind of a fuckup, really — Paul said you were supposed to see the Stereo front cover, flip the package and meet Mono by his malevolent alter ego Grandpaboy. So it was meant to be Stereo/Mono, but if you were, say, checking the thing at a record store, you got Stereo's front and back covers without a hint of the other album inside. Shit backfired, then; assclown reviewers called it "Paul Westerberg's new album, Stereo, yet another collection of mostly acoustic mid-tempo songs. A bonus disc of throwaway rockers is included". Motherfuckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
But Mono was the triumph.

Stereo is its equal, gorgeous, fucked up (three songs end abruptly as the tape runs out [or PW deliberately cut 'em off — believe what you will]; the tracklist goes to hell when the unlisted "Strike Down The Band" sneaks in; after the "last" track there's another hidden tune, a fiery Flesh For Lulu cover (!) driven by chaotic Gasoline Alley-ish drums) and lyrically brutal. The whole two-disc set is the best fucking album of 2002 when you consider that Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is actually a 2001 LP whose release got delayed by moronic corporate boners. But no, The Flaming Mooks were all the goddamn rage. "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots? My fourth graders could have come up with a better album title." —Robert Pollard.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|