View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 02:07 PM   #83
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitstain
i will agree that reviews are mostly dumb and who really gives a fuck about what someone else thinks of something like an SY album

but i will also say that who gives a fuck about what some reviewer in a magazine says.. what i mean is, there is no different between the reviewer who posts on here and tells you where to get it, and the reviewer in a magazine who tells you about it and that its available to buy in all major retail outlets.

i also imagine it does suck for SY to have to read all this shit.. but i think if SY approached the message board like a band like Animal Collective who some read the board a lot and talk about stuff with people, all this cold hearted review nonsense wouldnt occur. and i guess you can say that that is putting something on someone to do something to please someone else, but im just saying that if SY is sad or bummed as you put it, they should come on here and talk to the people interested in them about it, and maybe they would feel less sad.

Who gives a fuck about you? (I mean the general you, not you in particular, shitstain.)

I don't understand how people can even begin to justify leaking/ripping by whining, "but we're EXCITED, we're TRUE fans, we're so eager to hear it, why should we have to wait?"

Did the universe suddenly relocate its nexus onto your sorry asses? Should SY completely revisit its practice of having a release date, just because you can't hold your load? You poor THINGS, it must be awful!

If you like the band and respect their work, then respect their decisions. Grow up, and obtain the album the way it was intended to be obtained.

And, what should they do, come on here and justify to their fans why they'd prefer their album wasn't passed around like a whore's phone number?

First of all, I think that's fairly obvious.

Second of all, while to an extent fans are integral in making music, a band is in no way beholden to its fans. You either like what they do, or you don't. They don't have to answer to anyone.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|