Thread: Funk
View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 09:43 AM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
funk funk

Parliament Funkadelic , or Parliament, or Funkadelic- I love them. I listen to Mothership Connection all the time.

Sly Stone - while he had some fantastic funk, some of his songs are a bit R&B for me, though a great soul vibe

The Bar Kays - their early albums were way out

Curtis Mayfield - Get the SUPERFLY sountrack, and get the Best Of collection. some great funk and soul on there. you can get superfly for supersaver prices at the record stores. Curtis Mayfield is one of my favorites

James Brown - for a great sampler listen to the dveelopment of funk on the "20 all time greatest hits" compilation. yuou can buy the CD for super saver prioces.

The Ohio Players