View Single Post
Old 07.11.2013, 02:05 PM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I was wondering what Shaq was saying. Mo-fo has lived in Houston for years now. so many NBA and ex NBA stars live in Houston, because the media leaves you alone, the fans are respectful and keep their distance, and the huge houses and large living is more affordable.

that is very interesting, I didn't know shaq was living in Houston. I didn't particularly know where exactly shaq was living, but I didn't figure for Houston. By the way, in his career Shaq has earned over $250,000,000 (and that is just NBA salary alone, not including play-off/Finals bonuses, endorsements, and publicity events). I dare say he could live wherever he feels like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
do you guys think that in 2014 LeBron will really head to LA? That seems the forgone conclusion among the NBA literati.

I don;t know. If Wade is on a down-slope, and if the Heat cannot get someone else to team up with LeBronsky, would he really slap the champion Heat aside and head to the wasteland of LA?

No. I been telling all my fellow LA Laker folks that Lebron will most definitely stay with the Heat for three reasons.

(a) He already got enough shit for leaving Cleveland, even though less than 30 players in the the history of the NBA have played on a single team for their entire career, so he doesn't want to get shit on again or have anyone argue against his legacy.

(b) Miami is quite literally LA East, with the parties, the money, the endless parades of gorgeous women, nice cars, great weather, a lot of brown skinned folks. Yeah, Miami= LA 0.875. That an technically Miami is a small-market town, less press, less publicity, less television market so its the best of both worlds for Lebron, he gets the small-market that he enjoyed in Cleveland while enjoying the big-time LA/NYC vibe.

(c) Miami Heat is run by Pat Riley, and Pat Riley is perhaps the most prolific NBA coach/manager NOT named Phil Jackson. In other words, he has no reason to leave. With Lebron on the team and Pat Riley wheeling and dealing in the front office, Miami will continue to attract top-rate talent and glue guys at a low cost (i.e. like the 1990s Bulls and 2000s Lakers), so if Lebron wants to keep playing on truly contending teams, Miami has as great a shot to keep that caliber of roster as any other team in the NBA.

LA will no doubt grab 2 or 3 other headline names, and 3-5 great role players, and 2 or 3 great draft picks, and in 2014-15 rise back up towards the top-5. This is LA basketball 101.

Besides, WADE IS FINE! Had the dude NOT BEEN ROBBED BY THE REFS and had his season average of six freethrows per game instead of JUST TWO (is average in the Finals) he would have had 22ppg and we wouldn't even remotely be suggesting the demise of Dwyane Wade. Now, if that ninja doesn't learn to age like wine and develop a great jump shot (like Jordan and Kobe did) he won't last at the top-tier for more than 2 more years, but if he does, expect wade to be a factor for five more years at least. The guy isn't even 32 years old yet, and Steve Nash is the starting PG at 39, Jason Kidd played 82 games at 40, and Tim Duncan looked 27 (at 37) in the Finals.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|