View Single Post
Old 02.19.2011, 12:32 PM   #27
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I love it. It's like hail to the thief + amnesiac, but in a more mature, not-in-your-face way. I'm not sure what people were expecting, but I was expecting something like this, it seems like the natural progresson from where they were at.

You can't expect something to have as much impact as it did before, especially in a grandiose way but this is pleasant, interesting and mature, i also think there's a lot of details that you pick up as you listen and it definitely grows on you. I'm kind of curious to what people were expecting, and I kind of suspect they'll be releasing the "rest" of it soon.

Now there's the thing that it truly isn't as melodically strong as they usually are, but it doesn't bother me.

I agree some songs aren't that inspiring (I never liked house of cards, tho it's a good song), but even their worst songs are good. It's hard when you have such great stuff to compare them to, but if anyone else had made this album I think everyone would like it and be way less critical?

It probably won't be my favorite, but it's certainly a good album. I kind of think a lot of the people who didn't like it will change their minds about it.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|