View Single Post
Old 03.11.2015, 12:14 PM   #300
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Just because a man dislikes (or even "hates") a particular woman, doesn't by any means make him a "woman hater", at least not in the way of hating all women because they are women. I was raised, almost exclusively, by a woman. She went through some bullshit and lots of it I witnessed. I've also witnessed men go through bullshit they don't deserve (women using their children as a tool to get certain things they want...it happens. Men do it too). I don't sympathize toward any specific race/gender/or sexual orientation just because. That's stupid. This doesn't mean I fail to realize some struggle in varying ways others might not (let's remember, I am from the bible belt and have seen all sorts of crazy shit first hand), it just means I don't have time for it. Everyone has their own struggles. I judge everyone as an individual. I call girls cunts in the same way I call boys dicks. No special treatment for anyone. No one is fucking special. I guess that's feminism for me. Treating women the same way I treat men.

anyone can claim to judge anyone as an individual, but everyone brings a set expectations to said individual judgments (otherwise judgment would be impossible, as there would be no standard against which to judge).

those expectations are formed by many socially-received preconceptions which are biased. with that, people of different genders are habitually judged differently.

e.g., we're talking here about "men and women". as if there were only 2 genders. so we try to put everyone into those boxes. with expectations that go with them. that in itself makes it impossible to judge everyone as an individual correctly-- referring them to a standard that doesn't necessarily suit them.

just like patricia arquette asking for equal pay for women who are "mothers" to every gay and person of color and taxpayer what?

one can try to avoid that sort of bias, but anyone claiming to be totally free of socially-acquired biases is delusional/in denial. it's nearly impossible to see things or people outside categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

that was a great review!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|