View Single Post
Old 08.29.2015, 05:23 PM   #15
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
More specifically, perhaps:

Warpaint - “Love is to Die”
Video (official)

If this is the band you're looking for, it would be best for you to check out their debut album The Fool before checking out the self-titled major label debut that this song is featured on. Everyone at the time seemed to think it was a disappointing wad of shit album, but it wasn't bad... It's just that they were so promising earlier on, and south a badass live presence, that there were some seriously heavy expectations for their big "breakthrough" album.

I feel like this answer (Warpaint) is too simple almost, since they're quite well known. But that would explain them being on a national "indie" station.

Yes, that's it. As for quite well known, either (1) I'm just an out of touch middle aged dude, or (2) I still tend to seek out stuff that just has raucous guitar and the lead singer yelling, or (3) some combination of (1) and (2). Thanks, I will check out their debut.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|