View Single Post
Old 10.11.2010, 09:07 AM   #103
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I also have a real problem with his thing about the band having day jobs. Shellac easily have a high enough profile for its members not to have to work 9-5. They choose not to tour, either out of laziness or (I suspect) because Albini makes far more as an in-demand, 'name' producer than he would on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a case of the other members having to keep their day jobs, simply because Albini won't leave his. Either way, are bands like High on Fire, or Clutch any less 'indie' because they make a living touring, rather than through a regular day job? Albini's had this weird hard-on for some idealised blue-collar bullshit from the beginning. He should fuck off and become a miner and stop ruining Stooges albums.

I don't know, I think this is a perfectly reasonable and realistic attitude to have. I would imagine the pressure of having to depend on your band for a living would increase the chances of the band breaking up, and if you're friends with the people in your band it could also ruin the friendship.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|