View Single Post
Old 08.11.2013, 01:33 PM   #13
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen
Now, listening to this set, you might notice there's a SY track on there: «Genetic». It's a good take, more acoustic, but tense and well delivered and, well, you know «Genetic».

The thing is, listening to the chorus, I found that Lee had changed the lyrics. Really.

Is it just me, or... ?

I went to the show he did at Other Music in March 2012, the Webster Hall show in May 2012, the Union Pool show that was on April 28th of this year and I was at the Maxwell's show. I know that he played Genetic at the Glasslands on December 16th, 2011 and that was the last time that he played that song in the NYC area. Unfortunately, I did not know about that show but even if I had known about it, I would not have been able to get in. I had been waiting and hoping at the first three gigs that he would play it but he did not. So when he played it at Maxwell's, I was thrilled. After the show I thanked him for playing the song and I forget his exact words but he said to me that they did not play it correctly or something. So, it's not just you, Kamen. But still, for me, after waiting so long it was just great to see it played live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Kamen, who are you and what explains your obscure return after a six year hiatus of posting? Zelocia, hello, keep posting, we need newbies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen
That's my second-favourite hobby after SY: lurking. I'm a pro lurker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Stop lurking, this forum needs more than a glacial posting rate of 1 post per 3 years (though in truth, I sincerely envy you sir, such self control!) please post more

Before I made my account, I had been lurking here for a few months. I guess that even though I've been here for a year and five months, that still makes me count as a newbie. Which is fine, I don't have a problem with that. Even though online forums in general have become irrelevant to the world of the internets, I really am glad that this one is still fairly active. Especially since the band is not right now. I have very few friends who understand my passion for Sonic Youth so I very much enjoy at least lurking around, which I do a lot more of than posting. But I'll try to post more often. Lurking is my third favorite hobby. My first is Sonic Youth. My second is The Smashing Pumpkins.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|