Thread: slowcore
View Single Post
Old 06.30.2010, 04:56 PM   #5
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Galaxie 500 of course is more dream pop than slowcore... Codeine, Bedhead, etc listed them as a main influence.

American Analog Set from the 90s, they released a ton of stuff but are one of the longest lasting slowcore bands. Their record "The Fun Of Watching Fireworks" is my favorite, personally.

There's a band called Karate from the 90s... I think at one point they had one of the Swirlies' many drummers in their lineup. Very slowcore influenced, sometimes they're a bit more upbeat but the mood is still there. I think listening to their records that a lot of their songs start to sound very similar, but maybe you'd enjoy them more than I do.

Pedro The Lion isn't ever talked about but they released stuff consistently from the 90s until 2005. They have some good stuff, mostly early on from what I've heard.

Smog maybe?

~Jeremy~
Oh I forgot to list Karate and American Analog Set. Great bands!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|