View Single Post
Old 10.18.2015, 02:17 PM   #18
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I've always liked the PK dick book better. I read it again early this year along with We Can Build You and Flow my Tears, the Policeman Said. the part about the dream devices or whatever about some dude is some psychedelic shit!! that should be included in the movie right!!

I still think A Scanner Darkly is the best thing I've read by him and the one I felt close and related too the most. like I understood every sentence. only read four of his novels.

speaking of cyberpunk. I've read Pattern Recognition but nothing else by William Gibson. really enjoyed that one. I know it wasn't cyberpunk but.

you know that sf is fiction. there's modern essays about our future being written everyday, it's just not disguised as sf.

Dude, read Neuromancer and then read the Difference Engine. The 'Engine is more steampunk oriented, but it addresses an alternate evolution of nanotechnology, and in the end things get pretty goddamn cyber.

Neuromancer is just Gibson's his greatest achievement. A must read for anyone even remotely interested in SF.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|