View Single Post
Old 10.15.2015, 10:32 PM   #8
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
There is an excellent point in here about the ending of the BR director's cut.

It's the opposite of a cliffhanger.
The audience is not supposed to know where the line between replicant and "human" is actually drawn. It would kind of ruin the mystique if we found out "Oh, yep, he's totally a replicant" or "nope- turns out there was nothing to wonder about for all these years.

That would be terrible.

But what about a prequel? What about Ryan Gosling picking up the Roy Batty/Rutger Hauer role? What about a narrative about the androids revolting in space and commandeering the vessel and returning to Earth?

That might be worth seeing.

But yeah, now that I think about it, it would be disastrous to answer the unasked question at the end of the original film. The question that makes the film so unforgettable and haunting.. With a simple "yep, and then" or "nope, and then"

Still. I love the film, and I'm excited to find out what the hell is going to happen with the story.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|