View Single Post
Old 08.07.2006, 01:53 PM   #33
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunberg
Dude, sorry to contradict but it's obvious that she cannot sing in tune except when she's wispering (even more flagrant live). And her ranting, I guess it's supposed to be the ultimate proof of her punk roots but it pisses me off and it's just ugly on this album. I have nothing against harsh vocals ( Plastic Sun is one of my favorite Kim songs) but sometimes hers seem unjustified musically speaking.

I read an interview somewhere and Kim was talking about trying different ways of singing. She was saying something about how she likes to try and be really atonal, which certainly comes across in a lot of her songs. When I first started listening to SY I was really turned off by a lot of Kim's singing, but I've really grown to like even her most crazy vocal tangents. And I love her understated, whispery vocals on songs like 'Shadow of a Doubt' simply gorgeous. Anyway, I can totally see where you're coming from.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|