View Single Post
Old 12.16.2016, 03:11 PM   #6
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
1. The Diamond Sea
2. Skip Tracer
3. Becuz / Untitled
4. No Queen Blues
5. Junkie's Promise
6. Unwind
7. Saucer-Like
8. Little Trouble Girl
9. Washing Machine
10. Panty Lies

"The Diamond Sea" is arguably my favorite Sonic Youth song so it was a no-brainer to put that one first. Most of what I love about it is Thurston's lyrics and voice. It is true they had better "jam-based" songs in their career, but "The Diamond Sea" contains some of the best lyrics that Thurston has ever written, in my opinion.

I put "Becuz" and "Untitled" together because "Untitled" is technically a section of "Becuz" (as at least some of you might know) that their record label made the band shorten so the first track on the album was more "accessible." I think it's a complete travesty that that had to happen, but "Becuz" is by far my favorite Kim song on Washing Machine anyway.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|