View Single Post
Old 04.01.2014, 07:22 PM   #17893
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Alec Guinness comes from a long tradition of respected British actors (see also Olivier and Anthony Hopkins), happy to accept the Hollywood $ so long as they can bitch about how beneath them it all is afterwards. He could've always stayed in the theatre or stick with the made for TV films and series his career was reduced to in the years leading up to making Star Wars. As for the crummy lines, didn't he read the script before accepting the role?

actors are whores, of course. they don't have to love their johns. btw, watching hopkins play odin in the latest thor movie was a sad thing.

and i get that star wars was a huge success. i get why, too--it gave magic to children who had already given up santa claus. and it gave nerds a new ersatz religion. in that sense it is very well done of course-- the first one, anyway, made good use of joseph campbell's ideas. but my favorite lucas movie is thx1138.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|