View Single Post
Old 07.06.2015, 10:37 AM   #1177
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not gonna lie, it's really interesting watercolor artwork, reminiscent of a lot of myth-based cultural children's books I was exposed to as a sprat in the early '80s. One on Irish folklore comes immediately to mind.

I think it's inventive, even though the influences are clear, and I think it's pretty interesting, but... Well, how do I put this? ... I just... I don't think anyone who liked Kanye West would probably wear that. It's like... If someone REALLY LOVED Ronald Reagan, would they sport a t-shirt with his "Land of Confusion" video puppet on it?

Know what I'm saying? I think this artwork would be great, for example, in a comic book that featured a number of celebrities as the main characters, and focused on the worst, most vapid elements of the celebs' personalities. Maybe if you applied that style to an image of the famous Kanye teddy-bear, it would feel a little more like a celebration of the guy. But he looks like a PCP addict who's not above buggering infants in that particular frame.

Sorry- not trying to be a dick. It's fascinating... Really...and maybe it would appeal to a young black Ye fan. But it's just really weirding me out, right now. Looks like my own face when I'm on far too high a dose of mushrooms and looking in the mirror.

No offense.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|