View Single Post
Old 07.06.2015, 09:53 AM   #1173
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
wow, i didn't expect it to be that bad. it was worse than IANAHB2 for me. i don't even remember a single song.. the production sounds like some circus music, with really corny female singer hooks on many songs (a la Em's album "Recovery").

his verses on "Smuckers" and "M's" were some of his best ish in a while, and now we're getting this. ugh.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. It's a shame, but Weezy's done. TKO. Carter V, if ever released, is going to have to be the end. If people keep waiting around for things to get good again, he's going to keep making crap that he promises will be dope, and we'll keep getting our hopes up and he'll keep crushing them.

Let's face it guys: Carter and Carter II were his classics of their era, and eventually they'll be forgotten. C3 was a fluke, with great production being more responsible for its timelessness than Wayne's actual talent. It's a great record, but set those lyrics against typical, dead on arrival beats like those on- well - just about every album since C3, and C3 would be just as forgettable.

C4 had a moment or two, and so did most of his tapes, but homie's done.

Drake has surpassed him as a rapper and a creative voice and even a brand. And Drake's a former child soap actor, the most unlikely rap star ever. Wayne should bow out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|