View Single Post
Old 10.01.2014, 02:20 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Deadhead muse... indeed that is such an apt description of lee. Me, I think that lee always brought fewer "lee songs" to the table,but it always sounded like lee's songs were more fully formed and created by lee as an almost solo effort. However, his sound touches all the other spngs too so it seems like he was also heavily involved with the thurston/kim tunes meaning he was indeed a driving force. Lee struck me as the gy who brought in his own finished tunes, then sat back letting the thurston/kim songs develop by adding things or emphasizing what worked and what sucked. The proof is in how much simpler and frankly derisive Thurston's solo albums sound in comparison to his sonic youth material. You can hear Lee's contributions by what is missing on the thurston solo albums

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|