View Single Post
Old 01.25.2013, 02:25 PM   #152
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I think every citizen should be required to learn how to properly care for and handle and fire a firearm. I personally do not own one, and have reservations about allowing it in my house (I ask my friends with Concealed handgun licenses to please leave their handguns in their cars,a nd they willingly do so.)
but I would kill and be killed for your right to own one.

I believe in states rights. Each community needs to dictate what is right for them. federal drug laws are all jacked up, and so will federal gun regulations.

criminals do not, by definition, give a flying fuck about the law, and will find ways to get assault rifles and other high ordinance whether or not the law abiding citizens are allowed to have such things.

Most gun owners are very responsible. Most drivers are very responsible. A certain amount of risk comes with being alive, and with all things in life.

Rob, this is an endlessly circular argument. Criminals get their weapons FROM THE EXACT SAME PLACE THAT HONEST PEOPLE GET THEM, the gun manufacturers. If the gun manufacturers STOP producing and SELLING these kinds of weapons in America, then Americans criminal, legit, or otherwise will gradually lose access. We have to stop the flow sometime, we can't always just throw up our hands and let criminals dictate the roles and rules of our society. Further I can vouch from tangible experience, that assault rifle bans worked in California, in the 1990s gangsters had common access to assault rifles, people getting shot by high volume rifles was a weekly occurrence. The LAPD and Sheriff reported annually large numbers of confiscation by apprehended criminals carrying dangerous riffles, submachine guns and of course dangerous high-velocity ammunition. SINCE California by STATE law banned ALL these weapons and munitions, both the hood news on the streetcorner and the data by the police agencies all affirm and conclude that criminals now have dramatically LESS access to assault rifles and high-velocity ammunition. See how that works? Once we get over the entire fear-mongering aspects, we can look at the data, and see that regulation has measurable results!!

Further, NOBODY HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION. WHAT THE FUCK IS SO WRONG WITH UNIVERSAL, 100% BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR ALL FIREARM PURCHASES IN AMERICA AND ALL 50 STATES?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|