View Single Post
Old 05.15.2013, 07:36 PM   #17027
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
lolol you gave me a red rep for quoting william blake! thanks for that! it cracks me up when i see it.

anyway it "elevated" but also destroyed it-- you ever been to sundance? i went once and-- holy shit, it's like hollywood boulevard on ice.

Yeah, quotes or not I didn't like the sentiments, but its nothing personal rare as red reps from me may be.. at least you got a good laugh from it

I agree with destroyed post-elevated, indie no longer exists either in music or cinema. DIY has completely replaced indie due to the accessibility of technology and internet media distribution. But in the microcosmic analysis of 1992-2005, I'd say there was a nice run of great, quality, authentic independent films thriving just like in the early-to-mid-1990s there were really great bands getting coverage and support. Now? The "system" has swallowed up all the talent and opportunity, much as systems always do, but surely there will be a new wave inevitably to come our way. In the meantime, much like how indie-musical innovations make there way into even the shittiest pop music, I think that most "Hollywood blockbusters" now are a bit better made and more enjoyable having taken some indie influences than they were in the 1970s and 1980s were it was hit or miss, sometimes epic, sometimes utter shit.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|