View Single Post
Old 04.04.2008, 04:57 PM   #12
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
My basic list would mostly just repeat everyone elses. I actually listen to this type of stuff a fair amount though, and once had a dj gig at Happy Hour playing just this stuff. Arthur Lyman is ahead of Baxter and Denny on my list. Yma Sumac is amazing. The 101 Strings psych album "Space Out" is really great in a cheesy manner. Sergio Mendez and Brasil '66 and '77 have done tons I really enjoy (their covers of "Day Tripper" and "Easy to be Hard" among the top).

My favorite lesser know is Stu Goldman his Orchestra and Chorus who I can't even find on Google to link. Basically instrumental musaky versions of pop standards ("Downtown", "I Think I'm Goin' Out of My Head", etc.), but with chorus vocals on only the key words, making it incredibly ethereal and weird.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|