View Single Post
Old 06.22.2015, 12:09 PM   #39094
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Great ideas, symbol-man. So three components past the introductions and small talk, really:

1. Inquiring about what the dean needs from the person in this position (or just listening--knowing deans, he/she will probably launch right into it)
2. With 1. in mind, describing how I can meet the needs.
3. Describing my interest in the position and my affinity for the University, how my career path has gone, etc.

guess so. not sure if it will go in that order because he might start by asking you about #3 first, for example. but i think if you go in there with the mind to understand the guy and figure out how to help him he'll count you on his side. you know?

sometimes i have to say to a client "this is not for me" or "i can't help you but i know someone who can." because it's not the right match. and i rather not have a bad match that ends up hurting my life & reputation (i have learned that by hurting my life & reputation ha ha ha). because sometimes the client doesn't know what they want, or wants something that doesn't make sense to me, etc. so i'd rather excuse myself before getting entangled in predictable dramas.

the problem with job interviews is that one wants "the job" and then has to twist & contort to fit in so that adds a layer of sophistry to the proceedings.

BUT i think honestly if you understand what the person is trying to achieve, then you can figure out IF you can help & then HOW.

i mean--what does a hero in a quest need more desperately than magical helpers?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|