Thread: guns guns guns
View Single Post
Old 02.25.2018, 10:14 AM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
im not for banning weapon types like semi-auto. the technology is old and widespread and practical and safe. would be like banning the automobile because of drunk drivers.

in fact, a semi-auto handgun is safer than a revolver at least in this respect: in a loaded revolver a bullet is always chambered, whereas in a pistol that’s not necessarily the case.

but i am for better regulation: registration, education, and health/character/age requirements. all part of a well-regulated militia. you can get x type gun at y age, you have to show you’re able to operate and care for it and secure it, understand its use, have a basic grasp of the law, etc. etc.

i register my vehicle, had to pass a test to drive it, which i renew periodically. i’m required by law to have insurance. if i drove recklessly or drunk or without insurance i could lose my license and go to jail. for my weapons however, it’s a free for all. i could be the most ignorant and stupid gun owner on the planet and i’d still have them.

one day while canvassing for a voter drive i went into a house and this old man has a pistol in the open on a couch while his grandkid is running around the house in his diapers. i said nothing but holy fuck. that’s a disaster waiting to happen.

in the same city every year accidents happen because on new year some fucktard decides to shoot solid bullets into the air to celebrate their imbecility. welcome to new mexico.

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/...erque/4726756/

unchecked private transfers and straw purchases are also problematic as they give access to felons and other unqualified persons. with registration your purchases and sales would be traceable and guaranteed to go to a qualified person. match that to ballistic records so whe know who shot what. and some sort of insurance requirements would not be unreasonable, in case anybody gets “accidentally” hurt with your weapons.

anyway, yes, driving is a privilege, while gun ownership is a right, but i’m not blind to the *well regulated militia* clause that opens the 2nd amendment. we need more reasonable regulations, education, and controlled access for guns. certain types of weapons could require a justification instead of being outright banned.

banning plastic stocks or semi-auto weapons is not really a solution to the mentally ill and the morally incompetent getting angry at the internet and shooting people to make themselves feel important.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|