View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 02:37 PM   #6915
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hell no. they sit on mountains of money. they set up championships all-over. they decide waht is a country and what is not. transfer policies. financial rules. on & on. they are bigger than the UN i reckon.

They are but they needn't be. Admittedly it involves more than what I said but far less than it got involved with under Blatter.

Quote:
all reigns are that. havelange ruled for a quarter century and he's the one who brought big sponsorship money into this whole thing. he's 99 and still alive btw.

To a degree, but if you limited the term of presidency you'd do a lot to discourage it.

Quote:
how would you do it then? rule britannia? i'm not asking this mockingly-- i was reminded in an article the other day of the many recent scandals in european football. who has moral superiority?

I'm not talking about moral superiority but if the big European countries feel that FIFA's only interested in using them as a cash cow, then they'll be tempted to break away and do their own thing. The reality is FIFA needs European football far more than European football needs FIFA.

Quote:
institutions are designed to weed those people out. it will just be another gerontocrat mafioso.

Tend to agree but, again, limiting the term of presidency will only help.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|