View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 02:07 PM   #6914
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The thing I've always thought about FIFA is it's not hard to run. All it really needs to do is decide the location of a World Cup every four years and oversee occasional rule changes.

hell no. they sit on mountains of money. they set up championships all-over. they decide waht is a country and what is not. transfer policies. financial rules. on & on. they are bigger than the UN i reckon.

Quote:
Sepp fucked it up by turning it into a quasi-political force designed primarily to ensure his ongoing reign.

all reigns are that. havelange ruled for a quarter century and he's the one who brought big sponsorship money into this whole thing. he's 99 and still alive btw.

Quote:
Easiest way to nip that in the bud for any future wannabe dictator is to limit the term of presidency and end the policy of 1 country 1 vote.

how would you do it then? rule britannia? i'm not asking this mockingly-- i was reminded in an article the other day of the many recent scandals in european football. who has moral superiority?

Quote:
I just hope whoever succeeds him isn't a 'politician' but a real football person, only interested in the good of the game. It probably won't be but, whoever it is, so long as measures are put in place to limit their power it's a massive step forward.

institutions are designed to weed those people out. it will just be another gerontocrat mafioso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
FIFA, and football in much of Europe has been fixed for the organized crime families for decades.....

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|