View Single Post
Old 09.18.2007, 08:09 AM   #27
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Frankie Teardrop as stated several times above; played it to friends once; it worked really well; played them SY's Burning Spear too and the result was the same.

Les enfants, by the Young Gods; I heard that song on the radio once and the melody stuck. I bought the album a few weeks later probably, just for that track, about kids playing various instruments to make noise, disturb earth and start wars. I never played that album much, but the whole thing can't be erased from my mind.

I've been disturbed by Nick Drake (Know) and the Waitresses (ska? disturbing? well yeah, for a few lines on a song).

I've been deranged by the Boredoms, and by USSA by Butthole Surfers (this one had made me laugh out loud; I had dropped a PKDick book after a long read to throw myself into the arms of those persons who turned out to be as mad as the writer I was trying to escape for my own sanity).

Buzzcocks' last album before reformation quite scared me. I used to put it on when I was feeling disturbed. The problems induced by the music would make me forget about my own by the end of either side I was playing.

Liars have something oddly disturbing about them on their coool pieces. The relief of giving up to spleen and letting it rule your world for as long as you feel good about it.

Edit : Jesus Lizard, yes; I never knew how to dwell with Blockbuster; the music is excellent, but lyrics are...
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|