View Single Post
Old 01.18.2013, 05:14 PM   #5
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What are Godspeed's political views anyway? I thought they were always angry about burgers with meat in them and people telling them to cut their hair shorter.

Thats what i need the article for really, they expressed a dissatisfaction and alienation that seems quaint now in a (I hate using this phrase) "Post 9/11 world". Theres a reason the war in Iraq never inspired any great music, its because it was a simple bad decision by an incompetent government who thought they would do something good. Godspeed thrived on the feeling that there was a sinister, malevolent, controlling force that was responsible for any ill you cared about.

They were always pretty vague, they had magnificent cover art that flirted with conspiracy theories (black helicopters, major record labels being in bed with arms dealers). In many ways their album art is the best thing about them, but when the internet makes everyone feel like they have access to infinite information its hard to convince people the world is being controlled by a little man behind a curtain

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|