View Single Post
Old 01.09.2019, 01:08 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
currently using my Acer laptop hooked up to my tv via hdmi w/ wireless mouse and mechanical keyboard

i just miss my badass editing/gaming rig breh

i was planning on upgrading my gpu later thi syear any way

so whatevs. if i slowly replace every part eventually it'll work again/ill have a brand new pc
counterpoint for the sake of theeery (like sickbok in trainspotting, “theery”)

i get the notion of a hotrod for games and editing

but for editing really you want a stable videocard that’s compatible with your software. video editing is not all about framerates but stability and color accuracy and an architecture that allows effects to do their thing without assploding. right? different gpu species.

i remember when my fucking avid would crash and i couldn’t get support cuz my self-built full tower behemoth wasnt an “avid certified machine” lololol

premier used to be a pain too.

anyway switched to mac and final cut (x, of all things!) and fuckit, it runs. sometimes slow but no more fucking headaches. edited a 4k video on a 2009 mac mini (lmao) and it stuttered like hell but exported fine. ok i upgraded the hd in that one. ssd ftw.

i am now looking forward to do all short things on ipad pro honestly. i mean. hardware needs are becoming moot just like sound did once upon a time. tldr do you really need a beast to edit anymore? i think stability and reliability are more important now.

as for games—wouldnt a console be more ad hoc and efficient and economical at this point? or do you have pc specific needs that need megapower?

im not fighting with you, just pointing out possibilities for your decision tree looking forward from here. clarifying gaming needs vs editing needs.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|