View Single Post
Old 04.15.2010, 09:56 PM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Get some headphones and listen to the song Plume by Smashing Pumpkins. Listen to the solo, I mean really listen to it. Listen to all the different skronky tonalities and colors, and the bizarre mathy melodies. After you do that, why not listen to the entire album with headphones, paying special attention to the guitar playing.

I know alot of people hate on this band and they have good reason to. Billy Corgan turned into an unoriginal egomaniacal fool after he lost his hair, and the band broke up for good reason. To me Billy is like Tim Burton, he hasn't had an original idea since Siamese Dream but his early work was brilliant. (yes that was a South Park reference) But come on, he and James are phenominal guitarists and you'd have to be crazy to think they haven't made some incredible music
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|