View Single Post
Old 03.23.2007, 09:37 AM   #75
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I understand what you are saying but it doesn't entirely sit right with me. Of course they have egos, I think that is obvious and there is definitely a tension within the band at times that makes them interesting.

I don't think they are talentless musicians by any stretch of the imagination. Whether they started out with much musical aptitude or not I think they definitely have 'chops' now. Some of them have played, and some still do, in bands which have a more traditional song stucture. Eg Coachfingers, Suntanama and Angkor Wat.

Also I think you're exaggerating the "nnck are cool and hip and you're not cool if you don't dig them angle". Sure there's a fair amount of gabble about them here, on other forums and certain online zines but on a wider scale they aren't exactly a name to drop. Sure, the 'alterna media' creates hype the same as the more mainstream music press but I think you are underestimating people a little. Sure there are people who listen to stuff because they think they 'should' or because it is 'hip' but, in my experience, those people are actually in the minority.

Furthermore to say someone is 'ignorant' for listening to nnck or any band is just plain moronic.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|