View Single Post
Old 06.20.2017, 07:51 AM   #21216
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
great summary exept for the "fucking horrible, aimless pointless show."

fucking horrible, aimless, pointless life maybe? sure. but the show? no fucking way.

the whole point of it was precisely that after all his millions and his sturggles and success he got exactly nowhere

when he finally has a breakdown and is able to embrace another human being in a moment of compassion... turns around and sells it to coca-cola. ha! ha ha ha ha!

how did more money "solve all his problems"? by your own summary above--it clearly didn't

you looked down the scope, aimed, had the target in your sights, then flipped the gun 180 degrees and blew your own head off.

how did you read the show as praise instead of condemnation?

if you missed it altogether, i'd like to refer you to the show's opening credits-- which is the silhouette of a man falling, falling, falling, falling into some endless abyss while he passes by a number of life's luxuries and marks of "success"

THE FALLING IS THE POINT

See, eve I get that the falling is the point, and I didn't watch the whole series. People love that show, and plenty probably love it for stupid reasons, but I do not think that the point of the actual show was to glamorize the... err... glamor.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|