View Single Post
Old 03.09.2017, 01:00 PM   #20804
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
As a young teen I read aqs many of the Destroyer men's adventure series that that Remo movie is based on. I loved the character of Chiun and how he was always insulting the white man, western culture, etc., but he loved the highest art achieved in america, the soap opera. The movie captured maybe 10% of what the books are like. very disappointing.
oh i got a little of the soap opera stuff, and the korean supremacist speech too and it was all chuckleworthy, but at the same time this was completely erased by the fact that this chiun was a white man in yellowface. were were like--wtf! and laughing too, because what fucking gumption, as if nobody could notice the atrocious prosthetic job.

the movie we watched the day before (o lucky man, posted above) also featured a white man in blackface as an african tyrant--but we though it was done only for satirical purposes and not pig ignorance. wishful thinking maybe?

anyway, two ethnic caricatures in a row was too much to tolerate, and with remo it didn't make sense at all, except that the master of ceremonies from cabaret (who plays chiun) actually had some good dancer moves and could do some of the physical stuff, unlike, say, mr. miyagi.

so-- what was this comic called again? the destroyer men?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|