View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 05:40 PM   #39
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Cracklin
I won't assume that your list is in any way accurate as far was what's good or what's bad in music. Your little gay ass geek post struck me as an attempt to come off as a real authority, so I felt compelled to share my rebuttal and parade my ass around was well. We'll see who wins the battle of the buns with the readers.

It's not a battle, it's just people giving opinons on forums. That's why the first two words in my post were 'my opinions'. Ive just checked. Ha ha! You even quoted them in your post.

There isn't right or wrong, it's opinion, that's all. I took the thread idea to mean opinion rather than substantiated fact, as that's what it is.

Quote:
I can agree that Abba, (The) Bee Gees, White Stripes, Arcade Fire, Flaming Lips, Blondie, undertones, Verve, The Strokes are all somewhat "overrated". The Beatles, Stones and Led Zeppelin belong nowhere on a list with these other groups. It points towards some sort of personal problem.

So my list is in no way accurate, but you agree with bits of what I say? Nice.

Quote:
Something is lacking in you. I'll call it heart. Your ears aren't too good either. You're kind of ugly too. You've got many problems.
Oh and good luck finding anything besides diseased pussy flouting around your pentagrams.

Wow, what's the problem? You don't know what problems I've got, don't pretend you have. Some peope may think I'm ugly, some the opposite. That's life - it's opinion vs fact again. I see you're an expert on my wife too. Well done. Address women as 'pussy' do you? Well done again.

Quote:
So you're supposed to be an authority on classical music too? That's a real knee-slapper.

Did I say that? Or did I give opinion?? Drop the internet act and try to tolerate opinions other than your own. I think that Beethoven gets way too much respect compared to others who go reletively unnoticed. That's what overrated is all about.

Quote:
You do not know dick about jazz, so why even comment? You would like to seem well-rounded. I understand. I notice you didn't write very much about jazz though. There's quite a large amount of respect in the jazz world for a lot of cheese.

You're not really in a position to guess at my knowledge of things, as opposed to my opinions, are you? Try having a proper discussion, instead of insulting people who you disagree with. If you can - I ssupect, though, that things will just be as they ever have been with you.

I didn't write much about jazz? Thats because, and I'll try to put this in simple terms, this thread is about overrated stuff, and I was being positive about jazz. I was saying that in jazz it tends more to be the greats who get the respect ie it's usually deserved. So... there was no list of overrated stuff. See?

I'm more than happy for people to disagree. In fact, I assumed some might, as I don't assume that my opinions are shared by all, nor that they are fact. I'm happy to have my mind changed by intelligent people with things to say. I also accept that someone with opposite tastes to me might be a decent person. I don't throw insults as a substitute for debate, that's for sure.

Tolerance.

It's a shame that you've switched boards already trolling and causing trouble, but what else could we expect?

Thanks to the people who realised that my opinions are exactly that - my opinions.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|