View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 04:33 PM   #35
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
In order to rate anything as overrated or underrated, you have to have a standard to go by, ie. what band is exactly worthy of their hype.

By automatically saying The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zep and the Who are overrated, you are leaving out half of your argument. Overrated compared to what????

Are the Beatles overrated compared to Sonic Youth?? I think not!!! Sonic Youth is great, but they would all be self-fellating if they could write a song that approached those of the Beatles. And if ZEP and the Beatles are equally hyped and one is better than the other, then one is overrated and one is not.

But, Hippriest saying the rockn roll heirarchy is overrated compared to jazz is silly. That's like saying Miles Davis is overrated compared to that apple I had for lunch. It's a silly argument used to garner attention. I knew as soon as someone labeled a thread "most overrated bands" that the Beatles would be mentioned by some attention seeker.

IT'S JUST NOT TRUE!!!!

now, i'm taking my marbles and going home....goo goo ga joob...
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|