View Single Post
Old 07.14.2009, 09:11 PM   #154
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I've just been reading the drinks thread, and I thought I'd dump the following here:

- American beer is categorically shit. This is not my 'opinion', this is a fact masquerading as netoric. Obviously, real ales/ microbreweries don't count.
- Anyone cought putting coke into a half-decent whisk(e)y needs to stick to WKD blues and other kids' drinks.
- Bourbon just doesn't cut it.
- Neither does ice in whisk(e)y.
- I discriminate against lager drinkers (except Eastern-European lagers).
- Sweet whites or spritzers are an immediate sign of either a slattern or a ropey divorcee.
- "I don't like Timothy Taylor". Seriously?
- Cider is, was, and ever shall be the drink of violent bumpkins. There is no amount of re-branding something as a refreshing thing over ice that will dissuade me of the opinion that, eventually, everyone drinking cider will turn into either Adge Cutler or a rapist.

I agree with everything except the your view of bourbon and ice in a whiskey. True, if you have a nice scotch one should have the discerning taste to not put ice in it, same with a fine bourbon.

Glice, what are the ''best'' (maybe i should say most expensive) bourbons you have drank?

It may be a hassle to seek these out, but if you happen to see any of these at your liquor shop or pub, think about purchasing a taste:
Four Roses Small batch
Blantons
Woodford Reserve
Bookers
Knob Creek
Bulleit
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|