View Single Post
Old 03.18.2016, 10:30 PM   #19204
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
Samuel's character is so sleazy and old ghetto gangster, more than Pulp Fiction. I do remember loving this film even if I wasn't conscience of it. I do remember the critics say so but, I was too young to give a shit and viewed it over and over. no matter how times I've seen it I still can't remember the classic moments until I re-watch it. I like that!

the movie is a slow burner classic. Robert de Niro hitting the bong, getting some, getting shot and otherwise acting like a slow 'don't give a fuck' idiot, Pam Grier's charactor..... too many good moments.

and it's got "Strawberry Letter 23" and Johnny Cash doing "Tennessee Stud".

a six pack and yr poison of choice during a boring summer day movie.

Also has one of the best opening scene + music pairings since The Graduate. In a scene that is, oddly, a hell of a lot like the opening scene from The Graduate! I think that was intentional. Tarantino should have his own goddamn university for film studies. Like, the only one that doesn't suck and also isn't a weird scheme. I'd talk about someday going to that. Never would, but I'd talk about it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|