View Single Post
Old 12.16.2019, 02:03 PM   #24318
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Is this a remake? I have a LIGHTHOUSE fr0m 2016 that is the same story.

I came across the imdb page of the 2016 movie a few days ago. However, I couldn't find anything indicating that the 2019 movie is a remake. And having had a look at the 2016 movie now on youtube, I can say I highly doubt it's an actual remake. The two movies are incredibly different stylistically and plot-point wise. My best guess is that the similarities arise because the 2016 one is based on an actual historical incident of 1801 called the Smalls Lighthouse incident. The 2016 one kept the actual names of the people involved, but applied a good dose of artistic license. I'm pretty sure the 2019 movie was inspired by the same incident. The characters have different names though and the setting has been changed from early 1800s Wales to the late 1800s New England. I guess a classic case of being inspired by the same source. That's pretty much where the similarities end though. I guess it's a remake in the same way John Carpenter's The Thing was a remake of The Thing From Another World - technically, they are both different interpretations of another source.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|