Thread: uk vs. us punk?
View Single Post
Old 04.24.2011, 08:37 AM   #66
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Certain parameters exist to give you an idea of what you're listening to. If you have problems with, it doesn't mean you are right.

Look bro, I'm not trying to be a dick here but I'm going not going by internet definitions but rather by general consensus here, same with a band like Assuck, if memory serves me correctly they recorded Anticapital at Morrisound (by Scott Burns no less) and played grindcore, yet they were intrinsically linked to the punk scene in every way. If you went by this sort of musical exclusion process I'm sure bands like Hellnation, Man Is The Bastard, S.D.S. and hundreds of other bands that don't fix exact parameters of punk musically need to be "excluded", although I suppose this sort of mentality is why they didn't particularly mind such exclusions.... so I have no idea why I'm advocating for their inclusion in a scene hell bent on "defining itself".......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|