View Single Post
Old 11.24.2015, 10:57 AM   #6737
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This is a bit off topic, but this reminds me of a strange experience I had at work the other day. I was covering a community Thanksgiving event, and the queen of a local beauty pageant was there, wearing her weird crown and waving to people at the door.

She was all made up and wearing a nice dress and from a distance she looked mature and comfortable, like someone I would be able to converse with pretty easily. But when I approached her to get a quote and snap some pictures, I saw she was nervous as hell.
Turns out, she was a high school junior.
Her lips quivered when she answered my questions, and it was immediately obvious that she was terrified. I felt extremely uneasy and damned my editor for not sending me out with a female reporter.

Asking her if I could take her picture felt downright dangerous.

This is how I feel about Art Angels. The cover art and my prior experience with Grimes had me thinking it would be in my wheelhouse, so to speak. But after a couple tracks I felt like I was trolling a high school prom with GHB in my pocket.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|