View Single Post
Old 12.12.2014, 02:16 PM   #1555
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
haven't listened to it. don't think i will either.

Wait, I thought you really liked KRIT. ??? WTF, yo?

Yeah, it's not some miracle Yeezus album. It's not super inventive, but I think it's pretty solid. There's no reason not to listen to it when streaming services make it so easy to do so.

I think it's receiving pretty damn good reviews, across the board. It's definitely providing KRIT with a career jumpstart. Like I said, the old school minimal vibe reminds me a LOT of 808's & Heartbreak. The rest reminds me of early Outkast. There's a hint of experimentalism in the record that separates it from the herd. It's not a quality that often appears in nostalgic hip-hop records, so it gives Cadlactica a kind of dichotomous sound and feel. It's easy to love one track and hate the next, but I think it's a grower, and it's one of the better "big" hip-hop album releases of the year.

Remember, this year has been overflowing with instantly forgettable albums by established artists, and underwhelming releases by promising up and comers that have not lived up to the hype at all (Yeah, Schoolboy... You vacant fuck.) In a year that began with YG, Kid Ink, and Future, only to peak with fucking Iggy Azalea (WTF? But seriously, her record slammed in comparison to that basic shit by Sage the Gemini and blah blah blah), Cadillactica stands out as an album that sounds singular and uniquely unlike the rest of the albums we've heard.

For that reason alone, it deserves a freaking Spotify spin, at least... Come on bra!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|