View Single Post
Old 03.13.2012, 10:26 PM   #8
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Looking at Chris Lawrence's awesome concert chronology, I was considering why certain songs, despite appearing on LP's, were never played live or were played five times or less. For some, there seem to be obvious reasons, on which I speculate below. For others, does anyone have any ideas as to why? Did certain songs just not sound right when played live?
  1. I Dreamed I Dream (If you count that record as an LP)
  2. Protect Me You
  3. Justice is Might
  4. In the Kingdom #19 - This one might be difficult to reproduce live
  5. Disappearer - Hard to understand why. Wasn't this a single?
  6. Mildred Pierce
  7. Wish Fulfillment - Dirty was a pretty long record, with 15 songs. Hard to play all of them live. And Genetic, a Lee song not on that LP, got a lot of play during that tour.
  8. On the Strip - See #7
  9. Creme Brulee - See #7
  10. Winner's Blues - Not much touring for this record, after birth of Coco.
  11. Screaming Skull - See #10
  12. Androgynous Mind - Pearl Jam has probably played this more than Sonic Youth has.
  13. Quest for the Cup - See #10
  14. Doctor's Orders - See #10
  15. Sweet Shine - See #10
  16. Little Trouble Girl - Probably couldn't get Kim Deal to hit the tour trail just for that song.
  17. Contre Le Sexisme - Sounds more like an intro than a "song," per se. Still, I always loved it.
  18. Snare, Girl - I believe this song grew out of one of the tracks on SY2. Maybe they played that song live? Was it Stil?
  19. StreamXSonik Subway - Can't say I missed this one.
  20. The Dripping Dream - Must say I missed this one.
  21. Thunderclap for Bobby Pyn

Disappearer wasn't played live much because the lyrics were a little too much for Thurston to remember, I believe. Same with Dripping Dream and StreamX.

Definitely wish they played Sweet Shine/Doctors Orders.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|