View Single Post
Old 12.12.2014, 02:42 PM   #18424
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses

STILL ALICE

Filmed theater, mostly. Some chick gets early Alzheimer's.

Julianne Moore always struck me as a solid, respectable actress, but she knocks it out of the park on this one. It's something of a career defining performance, not unlike Deniro's in Raging Bull. Amazingly, she does nothing and gets everything across. I watched it twice: the second time, I mostly just watched her eyes which is where all the action takes place.

A great film marred by two things: a out-of-place bit of Hitchcockian suspense, and the presence of Kristin Stewart, who basically shows how NOT to act. It's so "hey dig me," whereas the scenes with Moore and Alec Baldwin are great because they just do their subtle thing and you sort of forget they're acting, which seems an appropriate style for a realism film like this. Kristin Stewart's desperate attempt to prove she's a real actress might totally ruin the movie for some people, which is too bad.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|