View Single Post
Old 01.24.2018, 11:54 AM   #82
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I will bet good money that my mom could not name a song. I'll ask her next time I see her.

Yeah, I guess it depends on what kind of person your mom is. Mine’s an academic, like I said, and in the humanities no less, so she watches shit like Bill Maher and John Oliver, and watches documentaries about popular culture. She mentioned “Blood on the Leaves” to me, actually. Asked how I could reconcile the distasteful use of the sample of a song that used to make Billie Holliday literally vomit when she had to sing it with my love for Kanye.

But my mom is also *my* mom, and I don’t know if you all have noticed, but I can be kind of a bulldozer when it comes to talking about stuff I like. My mom had to learn about Nirvana, Radiohead, etc. and kept up with pop culture when I left.

But yeah, ask your mom. I’d be interested to know.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|