View Single Post
Old 03.27.2016, 09:38 PM   #79
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissonu
nigga i cant believe you thought luthor was good. its like ever since the joker they think they gotta make the villains all mentally ill and they just come out looking like weakass joker imitations. it woulda been cool if the actor coulda pulled it off but the nigga cant pull off psycho as an actor. he just look stupid

Yes I agree that Heath's Joker kinda ruined all comic book villains, by simply being the best goddamn villain of all fucking time. I mean, he won an OSCAR. And yes, Eisenberg's whacked out Luthor is like a mash-up of Joker, Riddler, a gay stereotype, and Eisenberg's own portrayal of Mark Zuckerberg.

Was he the best choice? No. But the film was a bad choice altogether. They should have made Man of Steel 2 PROPER, and they should have cast BRYAN CRANSTON as Lex Luthor, and used his acting chops to bring new life to a more traditional take on Lex.

BUT, this was an experiment of sorts. And in their effort to cast a villain and make him menacing and unnerving, they succeeded. It's not really "Lex Luthor," in fact, I read that the character is literally supposed to be Luthor's son, but that makes zero goddam sense.

For an experiment, I think it worked. At the very least, it did not suck, nor did it ruin anything about the movie for me. So I see where you're coming from, but I'm ok with experimentation in these things.

The Penguin in Burton's Batman Returns was NOTHING like the original Penguin. He was a monster, he was goddamn disgusting. But he worked!

The only parts of the film I didn't like were the dream sequences and the ending. And I only disliked the ending because, y'know... nooooo! and whatnot.

Plus the Flash scene looked DOPE. And Wonder Woman really did kind of steal the show. Gal Gadot was great. Seeing the "trinity" stand together on the big screen is a feat that probably should have never been attempted, because the characters don't make much sense in a "real life" adaptation, where all of their worlds exist. I would have preferred solo flicks, but god DAMN it was awesome to see them standing together like that.

The real problem here is that people don't like Superman anymore. Only true hardcore comic fans even see the point of his character. But he's my guy, and my heart races whenever I see him in action on a big screen (which again, there wasn't enough of in this film).

I truly don't understand the super negative reviews though. I know bad movies when I see them. This was a spectacle, and was a bit overdone, but it was INFINTELY better than Age of Ultron, or even the Avengers.

I'm looking forward to Civil War, which looks like a couple rival gangs fighting in a parking lot compared to BvS, but it's not going to be this good. And it's also very deliberately trying to rip off the idea. They're turning Cap into Marvel's Superman (which he always kind of has been), but they're doubling down on it. And I'll wager Cap's going to die at the end. (Or Iron Man is, but they'll probably follow the comics and kill Cap off).

Whatever, Batman and Superman are the best. Critics are acting like this is some Batman & Robin like abomination, but that's utter bullshit.

Doomsday was really something, huh?

Anyway, I hope they keep on keeping on. I'll watch more "Batfleck" ... He was good. He doesn't deserve that viral video of him going all sad-face to "the sound of silence" when that interviewer asked him what he thought of the negative critic reviews. Poor guy.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|