View Single Post
Old 09.01.2009, 06:14 AM   #52
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I'd say mine is quite good for a teenager. I share some things with my dad, such as The Smiths, Nick Cave (though I'm more into The Birthday Party, while he prefers the Bad Seeds), The Byrds, Ed Kuepper, plus there's the box set of Classical music that I stole from him. The only real common ground with my mum is the Sex Pistols - she likes stuff like the Bay City Rollers, and lots of pop music from the 70s and 80s (stuff I'm not normally into), but she also loves Never Mind the Bollocks.
Even when my parents don't like what I like, they at least appreciate that I'm not listening to the more typical teenager music. I can remember listening to Einstuerzende Neubauten's Halber Mensch in the car with my dad, and he thought it was something you wouldn't listen to for enjoyment.
However, my parents don't understand why I listen to a few things - black metal ("it's just horrible noise that all sounds the same") and Malice Mizer (a Japanese visual kei neo-classical band that they think is Latin pop).
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|