View Single Post
Old 04.14.2014, 06:45 PM   #461
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok here's something I've been meaning to address:

Remember when Jay-Z posted a Twitter pic of all 12 of his proper albums, stacked, in descending order from best to worst?

Well, Kingdom Come was below EVERYTHING. Like, it was below Life and Times of S. Carter; it was below the jewel-speckled Vol. II, which has some of his best moments EVER, and some of the most corny and shitty shit he's ever shat.

Then he basically APOLOGIZED for it. "It was my first joint back in the game, Im sorry" Am I the only one who was like.... What?

Yeah, American Gangster is money, Black is forever, Doubt is a game changer, and Blueprint, and Blueprint III both brought him back into a game he was kind of half in at most at the time.

I'd have to put Kingdom Come immediately after those, his most baller, albums. No way does he have to apologize for that album. It was Jay-Z's comeback!!! I mean, motherfuckers were waiting in massive queues for that shit to drop. And it was a good thing, and people blasted the title track on the way back from whatever Best Buy or Tower they were stuck in all morning.

And Do You Wanna Ride? Helped etch out the blueprint for the kind of uplifting but moody songs that later just about every single he released were based on ( dope ass but pretty VH1 verses, with a bombastic, theatrical guest spot from some famous vocalist to give the song universal appeal).

It's a great album, and kicks Shit out of half of his catalogue.

Word.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|