View Single Post
Old 08.31.2019, 06:35 AM   #51693
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
I remember actually disliking Picture Me Better, but I hardly remember how it sounded anymore. Will revisit the album soon for a more fresh take. There's certainly great stuff in there, I just found it a bit inconsistent.

Edit: After looking for my initial post, I realized it was Mirror Forever I actively disliked. And listening to it again, I haven't changed my opinion. I really don't like electronic percussion and the sterile atmosphere of that track. I think Weyes Blood is great at those sweeping/jangly ballads and has some wicked pop sensibilities. But I just can't really warm up to her more low-key, rather electronic-sounding output. I think it just doesn't suit her vocal delivery. Picture Me Better is alright, now listening to it again, to me at least it's just not especially memorable. The opener, Everyday, Something To Believe and Wild Time are top-notch in my book though.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|