View Single Post
Old 12.08.2009, 08:06 PM   #47
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Kurt Cobain, a heroin junky and an overall shitty person from various accounts, killed himself. I feel no sympathy for someone who kills themself -- ESPECIALLY if you bring a daughter into this world. Don't fucking have children unless you're planning on taking care of them. Anyway, it was Kurt's life, he did what he wanted -- he wanted to die. So, why not celebrate? I don't understand "mourning" his loss at all... he took his own life, deliberately, seems like something to be happy about, since he got what he wanted, right?

Jack Rose... his death is actually quite tragic. He just bought a house, he just got signed to Drag City, he had been working hard, driving by himself from show to show for years for little or no money, there is no comparison between him and spoiled rock star millionaire "oh-woe-is-me" Kurt.

And I love a lot of Nirvana songs, so I'm not anti-Cobain or anti-Nirvana, and I do think it's okay to make fun of dead people, but I just felt this was a little soon,and a little disrespectful since it is so soon... Also, I'm pretty sure Jack Rose never had a single song with acoustic guitar wankery. His playing was extremely skilled, and his songs were extremely composed.

...Rob just made a really stupid comment. I'm not going to say I never have made any myself, because I do regret a few things I said on here... but I don't think it's hypocritical or anything for me to say that I feel more sad over Jack Rose's death than Kurt Cobain's.

you did mention kurt is a dick for offing himself when he has a child so there's a reason not to be happy about it,his kid.

rob didn't say anything particularly insulting about the guy, he just checked out the music and said he didn't like it,fine,there's no music that everyone likes. it was stupid and probably in bad taste to say he died because his music was bad but oh well,and it sounds like he's looking forward to making fun of steve vai when he dies too,while his albums are pretty lame i figure vai deserves to live so that's sort of dumb. i don't think you would have neg repped him if it was an artist you didn't like
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|